AusIMM Underground Operators Conference 2023 Review
Last month, AMPS and AMPS Academy had the opportunity to attend AusIMM’s highly anticipated Underground Operators Conference in Brisbane. This event is held every three years and brings together mining engineers, mine operators, technical service managers, and consultants to discuss important changes and solutions for the future of underground mining.
Key discussion topics of the event included:
- Evolution of digital technologies, automation and artificial intelligence
- Smarter and more cost-effective ways to extract orebodies at greater depths and lower grades
- Case studies and operating practice
- Technology and innovation
- Feasibility studies and mine design
- Health and safety and navigating social licenses
Highlights of the event included:
- Over 1,500 mining representatives and professionals of the global underground mining community
- Sold-out exhibition floor
- Over 30 technical presentations
- Industry-leading keynote speakers; Joe Luxford, Jo-Anne Dudley and Corrie Pitzer
- Conference dinner with keynote speaker Mark Mathews
- Celebrating 130 years of AusIMM history
- A bustling booth and plenty of interest in AMPS and AMPS Academy!
This year at our booth, we were lucky enough to have a F/A 18 Super Hornet Flight Simulator from Air Combat Centre. We had over 100 attendees experience flying a state-of-the-art F/A 18 Super Hornet Fighter Jet and had a crack at being a Top Gun.
Overall, the conference was a huge success, with valuable insights shared on the future of underground mining, as well as the opportunity to connect and collaborate with industry peers. We’re already looking forward to the next AusIMM Underground Operators Conference!