Course Information and Overview
Underground mining methods and fundamental principles:
- Understand the difference between the major global mining methods
- Evaluate the suitability of different mining methods based on specific mining characteristics and conditions
- Apply the basic principles of underground drilling and blasting.
Production ring design and blasting:
- Calculate and design a drill plan
- Calculate and design a charge plan
- Understand the parameters that must be considered to ensure the most practical and effective design can be achieved.
Stope design and optimisation:
- Learn how to design an economical stope
- Optimise the design of a stope to maximise its profitability
- Identify and apply parameters that must be considered when designing a stope.
- Undergraduate degree (or final year student) in:
- Science (mining)
- Engineering (Mining)
- or related discipline
- Foreman or Shift Boss transitioning into a drill and blast role