Have you started to plateau or feel like your career isn’t moving as fast as you hoped? Are you interested in seeing other mining operations, commodities, countries, cultures and mining methods?
As a mining consultant you will have the flexibility to experience a multitude of operations, mining techniques, cultures and management styles to develop your technical, personable and management skills that are highly sort after.
At Advanced Mining Production Systems (AdvancedMPS), we specialise in mining technical services, ranging from drill and blast through to senior engineering and management roles. We have developed networks and working relationships around the globe, which can provide you with a wide range of opportunities to develop, implement and provide assistance to mining operations throughout the world.
We have a collaborative and innovative culture that enables our engineers to thrive both professionally and personally. We are looking for team players that fit our culture and have exceptional qualifications, experience, and interpersonal skills.
As an Open Pit Engineer at AdvancedMPS, you will be instrumental in supporting our existing Mining Consulting department, as well as assisting with the development and optimisation of client mining teams, both nationally and internationally.
Reporting to the Open Pit Mining Consulting Manager, you will be working closely with AdvancedMPS consultants and various clients to provide operational expertise. This position will involve a combination of FIFO and Fremantle office-based work and may provide opportunities for international travel. As part of our innovative business structure, we can provide various working rosters from a choice of locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key functions of the role may include:
Improve the technical capability of engineers
- Provide Client engineers with best practice coaching and mentoring
- Assist with the development of AdvancedMPS engineers
- Provide engineering expertise for the development and improvement of AdvancedMPS training courses
Assist our Clients to optimise their Technical Services departments
- Provide insights into business processes and evaluate steps to improve efficiencies across site
- Development and implementation of best practice operational procedures and systems
Conduct high quality engineering work
- Assist clients with mine design, scheduling and planning
- Monitor the execution of designs and plans and liaise with Operations teams to deliver improved performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or other mining discipline
- 5+ years’ mining engineering experience, ideally in base metals
- Strong commitment to quality and safety in the workplace
- Relevant exposure to projects in the Australian mining industry, either in operations or a similar consultancy role
- A current Australian manual driver’s license
- Understanding of mine design, planning and scheduling processes
- Familiar with mine design and scheduling software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passionate about learning new technical skills and a keen interest in improving the knowledge of junior engineers
- Provides support and collaborates with team members
- Works with energy and enthusiasm
- Open minded and adaptable to work changes and environment
- Clearly conveys information through well-developed communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Experience in reviewing and implementing policies, procedures and processes within the Engineering industry.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills; the ability to work under pressure, deal with multiple and urgent priorities, and project manage workflows.
What we offer
- We offer an attractive salary package
- Opportunity for international travel
- Ongoing support, mentoring and training
- Professional development opportunities
- This role will include FIFO work on various rosters.
You must have rights to live and work in Australia to apply for this role